Data structure is a way of organising all data items that consider not only the elements stored but also their relationship to each other.
1. Data type
2. Abstract datatype
4. Performance analysis
1. Data type - (1) Interpreting a bit pattern.
(2) Value on which operations are performed.
2. Abstract datatype -
# Model of a datatype.
* properties of the data.
* operations that can be performed on that data.
Definition - Abstract datatype (ADT) is a mathematical model with a collection of operations defined on that model.
Example - Interger
............. - 4,-3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3,4..............
3. Algorithm - An algorithm is a step by step procedure to solve a problem. In normal language the algorithm is defined as a sequence of statements which are used to perform a task.
Input ---> program ---> output
4. Performance Analysis - An algorithm is said to be efficient and fast. If it takes less time to execute and consume less memory space.
* Space complexity
1. Space complexity - The space efficiency of algorithm is the amount of memory required to run the program completely and efficiency.
Depends of the component that affect space -
* Program Space.
* Data Space.
* Stacks Space.
2. Time complexity - The time complexity of an algorithm is the total amount of time required by an algorithm to complete its execution.
Depends of component that affect time complexity -
* Choice of algorithm.
* Choice of Programming languages.
* Choice of Complier.
* Number of size of inputs and outputs.
CLASSIFICATION OF DATA STRUCTURE
* Linear list.
* Non-linear list.